On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:49:18 +0900, KONTRA Gergely wrote:
> On 1213, David A. Black wrote:
>>> And on the other hand I must use to_i and others to convert from one
>>> type to another.
>> You mean you want to have to put "to_bool" everywhere? :-)
> Not everywhere, just where needed...
> Where should you put these? (examples)

Well, there is no #to_bool method. What would 1.to_bool be, anyway? Remember
that in some cases, 0 is success or true and non-zero is failure or false.

IMO, Ruby gets past this by essentially requiring explicit boolean tests.
The equivalent idiom for if 0 "commenting" would be if false. Not that I've
ever seen it done in Ruby.

-austin
--
austin ziegler    * austin / halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
                                         * 09.59.08