Has Ruby really been around since February 1993?

If so, was anything done this past February to celebrate? :)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Here is a diagram with a "family tree" showing the history of programming
> languages.  Ruby is in there.
>
> http://www.levenez.com/lang/
>
> It shows Ruby cross-polinating from Perl, Eiffel, Smalltalk, and Python.
>
> The author also has diagrams for the history of Unix and Windows.  The
> Unix one is very impressive.  Unix is truly a diverse family.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Daniel Carrera | "Software is like sex.  It's better when it's free".
> PhD student.   |
> Math Dept. UMD |     -- Linus Torvalds

Derek Lewis

      Java Web-Application Developer

      Email    : email / lewisd.com
      Cellular : 604.312.2846
      Website  : http://www.lewisd.com

 "If you've got a 5000-line JSP page that has "all in one" support
 for three input forms and four follow-up screens, all controlled
 by "if" statements in scriptlets, well ... please don't show it
 to me :-).  Its almost dinner time, and I don't want to lose my
 appetite :-)."
      - Craig R. McClanahan