Hi All,

I am having a rather weird problem with array manipulation.

I have a file with a load of text in it, and I have a line which looks
like:

vthread << File.new(pathname,
"r").readlines().to_s().grep(/^foobar/).uniq()

the expression /^foobar/ is repeated throughout, but there are
differences. Now, I would assume there to be a new entry added to the
array each time grep returns a match. However, while the code does what I
want it to, doing a:

vthread.length()

returns "1"

Printing this single element to the screen does indeed yield the results,
but what I want it to do is to add the match each time into a new element
in the array.

Am I doing something silly?

Thank You All,

Thomas Adam