On Thursday 11 December 2003 09:31 pm, Jesse Tov wrote:
> I don't see what the big deal with writing multiple "end"s is, anyway.
> They're tiny!

It was more of a joke than anything else. Somtimes it is a bit of an eye sore
to see 4 or more indented ends though, but not a big deal.

> Oh, and Tom:  Ocaml : Haskell :: Perl : Ruby    :)

I wouldn't go that far! When it comes to Perl you'd have to kill me first! ;)
But I'm not very familiar with Haskell, and still rather new to OCaml, so its
hard for me to draw any real comparisions.

Also you have to understand my criteria, since I do just about all of my
coding in Ruby. So for a 2nd language I'm looking to compenstate on the areas
in which Ruby lacks. On the top of that is list is execution speed. OCaml is
fast.

Unless someone knows of a faster modern language (and no, C/C++ dosn't apply),
it looks like OCaml is my new LOTY.

T.