On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:14:43 +0900
Dave Thomas <dave / pragprog.com> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2003, at 9:15, James F. Hranicky wrote:
>
> > KO...let me know when to start back up.
>
> In the meantime, I assume you've looked at
>
> http://www.rubycentral.com/book/lib_network.html

Ack! I guess I haven't run through Pickaxe in a while ( I know, bad
Jim...:-> ).

Any chance the info there could be moved into the 1.6 reference? As good
as the Pickaxe is, sometimes I just want a quick reference a la the 1.4.6
ref.

I'm probably opening up a big/old can of worms, right now it seems that
there are several sources of documentation for Ruby, all with different
areas covered. What is the ultimate vision for ruby docs? rd? ri? rdoc?
ruby-doc.org? pickaxe? The only thing php or perl have over Ruby IMO is
their docs are standardized: perldoc blah (even man blah...yay!),
or http://www.php.net/manual/en .

If I'm travleling over ground recently covered, please let me know. As a
sysadmin, I move from project to project, and I haven't gotten to program
in Ruby or follow the mailing list carefully for a while, so I may be out
of touch.

Whatever the ultimate vision, I'm more than happy to help out.

Jim