On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Jim Freeze wrote:

> What if you do: return ["", ""]  ?

I still get a syntax error, but this time the apparently-magical token
'$end' is not used.

I know I'm supposed to return false as the token, and that somehow racc
converts that into the $end token.  I just don't know how it does that,
nor do I know why racc doesn't then gracefully cease trying to parse,
rather than continuing on and hitting a syntax error.

I've tried looking through the source code, and I'm extremely confused.  I
can find what I am pretty sure is all of the parsing stuff, but I've tried
adding puts statements to see what the heck is going on, and they never
get called.   Or at least, I don't see their output.  I even tried
deleting all references to external modules to make sure that I wasn't

So, I guess I'll continue trying to understand the code without knowing
how to turn on debugging (even though it appears to be there) and without
being able to add my own debug statements.  Yay.

Thanks.

Luke

--
That was just a drill of the emergency y2k system.  Had this been a
real emergency, we would've also dumped a bucket of spiders on you and