On Thursday, December 11, 2003, 1:20:21 AM, James wrote:

> Are there any plans to add docs for modules like Socket and OpenSSL, etc to
> either the 1.6 reference, ri or the stdlib docs at ruby-doc.org ?

I have plans to put them in the latter, but those are very long-term
plans, for the reason mentioned below.

> If someone can tell me what should be done I could probably get started
> on the docs myself.

That would be great.  Since the modules you mention are implemented in
C, they fall outside my current project of getting the Ruby-language
standard libraries documented at you-know-where.

If you want to add some RDoc comments to the C files, I'll make an
effort to include it in the published documentation.  You can email me
or the ruby-doc ML with any questions.

> Of course, if they're already out there (in more than the 1.4.6 ref), I'd love
a pointer :->>

From memory, the PickAxe describes Socket reasonably well.  I don't
remember OpenSSL, though.

Cheers,