Hi!

* Useko Netsumi; 2003-12-10, 23:57 UTC:
> I have a word 2002 document with a table in it. Is there a way of
> using ruby to extract the table(5 fields) and then parse the
> content of the table and spit it out to an XML file.

I don't use Word 2002 (perhaps it is not available for Linux?) but I
assume it is some kind of text processor that does not use XML as its
internal format. The main problem is the format used, so the best
idea seems to be converting data to something useful:

 - copy table, past it into a document of its own, export to csv

 - same, but export to some kind of SGML or XML (HTML for example)

 - if 'Word 2002' happens to stand for 'Microsoft Word 2002' you may
   try 'antiword'

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT
--
http://oss.erdfunkstelle.de/ruby/    -    German comp.lang.ruby-FAQ