On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:09:10 +0000, Ian Hobson wrote:
> In message <Pine.GSO.4.58.0312091953180.856 / neelix>, Hugh Sasse Staff
> Elec Eng <hgs / dmu.ac.uk> writes
>>On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Ian Hobson wrote:
[snip]
>>So the visitor IS the current state?  I'll have to re-read my [GOF]
>>in the light of this....
> Yes - the visitor and its internal state, are the current state.

Yes visitor holds the current state.

Its similar to sending a consultant into a big office, walking around from
cubicle to cubicle and collecting data. Finaly he comes out of the office
with the result.

Yesterday I did some experiments with some filesystem ideas, where I am
using visitor. You may want to check it out:
http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/projects/experiments/file_system/?cvsroot=ros

have a look at 'lookup.rb' and 'test_lookup.rb'

--
Simon Strandgaard