On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 14:22, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> [courtesy cc of this posting sent to cited author via email]
>
> In article <4CAB270F-28BC-11D8-A981-000393DA3608 / humlab.umu.se>,
> Samuel Kvarnbrink  <samuel.kvarnbrink / humlab.umu.se> wrote:
> > That would be great - I'd love to try it! A "daemonization"
> > class/module (like Proc::Daemon in Perl) is one of the (very few)
> > things I've been missing in Ruby.
>
> How about using Process.setsid?

As both Gennady and Reimer already pointed out, using Process.setsid
isn't enough if you want a "clean" daemonization. I was thinking more of
a 100% "idiot-proof" class that handles all the necessary steps by
itself. Of course, that's not a major problem to me anymore (now that I
know how to do it) but I think it would be a lot more newbie-friendly to
have such a class.

cheers
//samuel