> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 06:53:42AM +0900, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>> > What's the relationship between that and the RAA?
>>
>> I don't really understand your question.
>
> It's just that, if I'm looking to see if some bit of functionality has
> already been turned into a Ruby module, I look on the RAA.
> So I was wondering if RubyForge was another place I have to look,
> or if the stuff on RubyForge was linked on the RAA, or what.
>
> -Mark

And that's a very good question indeed.  They are not automatically
linked.  Whether they will be at some point in the future is a matter for
discussion.  At the moment, it's best to keep both sites in mind when
looking for stuff.  From memory, RubyForge hosts 100+ projects and RAA
links to 700+ projects.  Many projects on both sites are stale, but RAA
has had much longer to gather stale projects.  On RubyForge it's usually a
matter of not having got underway yet.

In the future we may see some cyber-squatting at -forge whereby someone
registers a cool project name, sits on it and sells it to the highest
bidder when somebody actually wants to implement it :)

Gavin