Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Hal Fulton wrote:
>> Lyle: Is it hard to put a bunch of tiny subwindows inside a parent
>> frame? I've never done that in Fox.
>

> Sure, definitely. That's what layout managers are all about.

I was thinking not of tiled windows but overlapping, like notes
on a (physical) bulletin board. Probably easy, I've just never
done it.

I think it would be fun/informative to try to abstract away the
GUI here... I've tried that two or three times before with
mixed success.

In other words, I'd create a layer that would never change, then
create a mapping from that to Fox. (But nothing too fancy --
just wrap some calls if possible, not create a new GUI system.)

Then for example it would easy(-ier) to switch later from Fox
to GTK or wxWin or whatever, or even make alternatives.

Hal