On Saturday, December 6, 2003, 10:51:59 PM, Armin wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance, I never used Info Select, but just now looked
> at their webpage: http://www.miclog.com/isover.htm

> Would a modified wiki do? I guess you want a stand-alone solution
> without any webserver invovled.

> What are the "killer" feature you especially liked in Info Select?

Instantaneous search capability is the killer feature.  Just hit F5,
start typing what you're looking for, and it (incrementally) shows you
how many matches there are.  The outline view narrows down to only the
items that match.  F3 to jump from match to match.  End result: you
can find your information quickly.  F4 to stop search mode and return
to the item you were editing before you searched.

There are heaps of other features, but the above gives you some idea
why I use it.  I can throw information in it without caring too much
about structure.  I can make notes without going to the effort of
creating a text file, thinking of a name for it, and then wondering
where the heck it is in a month's time.  Still, some things do get
lost in there.  Dont they, Hal?

> Thank you,
>     -A., who loves wikis :-).

I like wikis too, especially the "recent edits" feature.  I wish IS
had that.  The basic wiki features (WikiLinks) would work well too,
although text-based markup is out of place in a PIM.

Gavin