Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:8704] Braces and begin/end"
    on 01/01/06, "Robert Gustavsson" <robertg / swipnet.se> writes:
>Apparantly they aren't. Why not? Any other pitfalls about {} and begin/end
>one should be aware of?

You can consider {} is almost equal to do/end which is used for block
passing to a method.  For example,

     a.each {|i| .... }

and

    a.each do |i| .... end

have identical meaning.

>I must say that ruby-talk is a very positive experience so far. Very prompt
>and competent replies and very kind and helpful people. Hopefully I will
>gain some knowledge about Ruby to be able to contribute.

It sounds delightful :-) I'm being trained here and in ruby-list now
too.  That is really great experience in my life.  These pleasant
communities are gem of Ruby, I think.  Thank you.

-- Gotoken