In article <9351ld$pee$1 / newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net> on Fri, 5 Jan
2001 18:54:31 +0100, fgeiger / datec.at said:

||| I wonder how the Windows folks develop Ruby programs. Which editor do you
||| use, and how do you debug your programs?

	I use EMACS or vi (Vim, actually), since they can both understand
and color-code Ruby syntax. (EMACS requires ruby-mode.el that comes with
the src distro, and Vim groks Ruby out of the box.) As for debugging, I
just do ruby -rdebug foo.rb and use it like I used to use dbx or gdb on
Unix boxen. I have switched to using Ruby for my utility programs from
Python and am loving it. The similarity to Smalltalk in some of the
iterators is really nice. Now if I could only get Ruby integration with
Java ala J(P)ython I would be in heaven.

Joey
--
-- Sun Certified Java2 Programmer
-- Political Rants: www.joeygibson.com