Franz GEIGER wrote:

# I wonder how the Windows folks develop Ruby programs. Which editor do
# you use, and how do you debug your programs?

I use gvim (i.e. GUI Vim (i.e. Vim == Vi IMproved)), mainly for Unix
compatibility reasons.

These is a little more information on the Ruby FAQ:

    http://www.rubycentral.com/faq/rubyfaqall.html
    1.10 **Changed** Which editors provide support for Ruby.

This was once a frequent and much disliked topic of digression and
"discussion" on comp.lang.perl.misc, which may have been the stimulus for
this very helpful programming editor reference:

     http://www.perl.com/reference/query.cgi?section=editors&x=14&y=14

It might be a good idea for the Ruby FAQ to add a pointer to this.

Conrad Schneiker