On Tuesday 02 December 2003 04:42 pm, Chris Uppal wrote:
> > Just don't use them.
>
> That's sort of like saying "if you don't like foul language then don't
> swear" ;-)

Actually that's exactly right.

You may not like foul language, but there's little you can do about other
people's use of it --short of depriving yourself of the the rest of the
wonderful world, living in a box and never coming out.

And so it is with Ruby. I can write obfuscated code with or without perlisms,
and there's nothing you can do about it. But you deprive yourself from all of
Ruby's bebefits, simply because you won't manage with a few distates.

In other words, I think your hurting no one but yourself.

Sincerely,

T.