Martin DeMello wrote:
> Is there any effort underway to compile a rake task library, the way ant
> does?

There is no organized effort with the specific intention of building a
task library for Rake.  However, I consider a well rounded task library
essential for the ultimate success of the project.

The latest release of Rake (release 0.3.0) contains a number of library
tasks for building packages, running tests and building rdocs.  The type
of stuff you might need in any Ruby project, which is where I am using
Rake the most right now.

If you have an idea for a task library, I welcome you to sound it out,
either here or on the rake-devel / rubyforge.org mailing list.

--
-- Jim Weirich       jweirich / one.net      http://onestepback.org