On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 04:15:24AM +0900, Hal Fulton wrote:
> T. Onoma wrote:
>
> >and what about super wrapping?
>
> Not sure what you mean.

Super-wrapping is wrapping the call to super within a method - basically,
inserting your wrapper function *before* the previous one in the chain instead
of appending afterward.

In other words, if the latest wrapper for method `foo' looks like this:

	def foo:wrap
	    pre_stuff
	    super
	    post_stuff
	end

Then super-wrapping gives you the ability to add code after pre_stuff
but before super, or after super but before post_stuff, instead of limiting
you to either before pre_stuff or after post_stuff.

I do recommend that everyone interested in Rite design and/or AOP
read T Onoma's RCR; it's interesting, even though I'm not sure I agree with
the proposal.

-Mark