"Lyle Johnson" <ljohnson / resgen.com> writes:

> I checked the FAQ but didn't see this one addressed. Is there any automatic
> way to assign a range of integer values to a set of names, like "enum"
> values in C/C++? The current approach I've taken, which isn't pretty, is
> just:
>
>     ID_FIRST_VALUE = 0
>     ID_SECOND_VALUE = ID_FIRST_VALUE + 1
>     ID_THIRD_VALUE = ID_SECOND_VALUE + 1
>     ... etc. ...
>
> Those aren't the real names of the constants, but you get the idea

Ah, the old "names have been changed to protect the constants"
routine, eh..

A common idiom is just to use symbols, either directly:

   window.setStack(:TOP)

or via constants

  TOP    = :TOP
  BOTTOM = :BOTTOM

This doesn't work if you want to do or-ing and such, but for the kinds
on enums you're describing it seems to be just fine.

Dave

ps. Any idea on my swig problem with static structs?