On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:22:26 +0900, Kevin Smith wrote:

> that you can add and remove planets at will,
> while the game is running.

that will be handy, with the fleet object...

> Perhaps that's not a
> big deal for planets, but it sure is for ships.

as i mentioned in another post, ships are just a variable in a planet class
and are just a number. at the end of a battle, the code to change the
number ships will be something simple like:

a.ships = a.ships - shipsLost

or i guess rubifying it:

a.ships -= shipsLost

> Perhaps if you give us a short example in some
> other language of what you're trying to do, we

i've already posted the python code, which is about the closest to the oo i
was thinking of. the c and tcl code are two completely different animals
that i'm constantly refining, but aren' oo at all...eventually i'll do an
itcl port which will be oo

--