hi everyone,
	i'm trying to understand the significance of the subdirectories of lib, but i don't understand what each of them are for

lib/
     ruby/
                  1.8/
                  site_ruby/
                                     1.8/

the current problem is that i've downloaded 'iowa' and i don't understand where i should place it in this directory structure.

another query: none of the libraries with the standard distribution are in directories with names ending in version numbers. however, any library i download from the internet has a version number appended to the directory in which it is packaged. this probably sounds silly, but i want to know what the convention is. do i strip out the version number from the directory name before placing it under the ruby/lib directory?

thank you

Gavri Savio Fernandez
I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway.  - Jack handy