On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:21:36 +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:

>    for letter in 'a'..'z'
>      planets[letter] = GebPlanet.new(letter)
>    end

now this is closer to what i want to do. and i expand the number of planets
later with numbers...

>    planets.each {|p| p.upkeep}

i have to keep thinking 'ruby, ruby, ruby' :) i fell into perl syntax
easily, and the perl magic pretty much kept up with me. it will be awhile
before i can post any ruby code i write that won't get corrected...

> You'll also find this is a lot faster, as there's no runtime
> evaluation of strings.

i really need to finish reading the book...i'm getting a little ahead of
myself. i'm going to learn a lot just from reading the reference in the
back...

--