Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:8601] Re: Character classes in Ruby regexp"
    on 01/01/04, Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> writes:

|Them brackets'll get you every time. btw. I believe Matz is
|deprecating the :xxx: character classes (which is why we didn't
|document them).

No, I just haven't made decision yet.  Probably it remains there.

In message "[ruby-talk:8606] Re: Character classes in Ruby regexp"
    on 01/01/04, "Robert Gustavsson" <robertg / swipnet.se> writes:

|I think it is a pity Ruby isn't Unicode based from the ground up like Java.
|I really hope this will change in the future.

Multilingualized Ruby, which I'm currently working on, supports ASCII,
Latin1, UTF-8, EUC-JP and SJIS at the same time.  In addition, it is
fairly easy to add new encoding support such as Big5 or EUC-KR etc.

Well, I'm going back offline again.

							matz.