On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 13:07, Dennis Oelkers wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> does anyone know of any Ruby collection of classes / modules for
> decoding / encoding (maybe liblame bindings?) MP3 data?
>
> I already looked for that on raa, freshmeat & even google, but
> without any luck, so any help would be appreciated ...
>
> Kind regards,
> 		Dennis Oelkers

How about Ruby/GStreamer, rather than using an mp3 specific solution:

	http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/

You can do metadata extraction with GStreamer as well, though the
bundled bindings for libgstmediainfo can be slow in certain
circumstances.  I have the extraction code I've been working on up here
though:

	http://www.gothpoodle.com/~galt/info.rb

This should allow you to read id3 or ogg tags at minimum, and i think
wav riff headers though I haven't tested it on that yet.

Matt