On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Austin Ziegler wrote:

<snip>
> What if your developers could write directly to the business
> requirements without having to worry about language overhead? With
> Ruby -- and other strongly-typed dynamic languages -- they can.
<snip>
> I'm not the only one who thinks that dynamically typed languages are
> at least as suitable as statically typed languages for business
> applications:
>
>   http://www.osteele.com/archives/2003/08/test_versus_type.html
>
> As Oliver Steele points out, the productivity boost *has been shown
> in research*!
<snip>

this article is in agreement with you, and good reading for anyone interested
in strong vs. week type systems:

  http://home.pacbell.net/ouster/scripting.html

tcl is the worlds greatest language, but ousterhout is a very bright guy.

-a
--

ATTN: please update your address books with address below!