On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Toshiro Kuwabara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "[ruby-talk:8574] Re: optparse and rdtool"
>     on 01/01/04, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs / dmu.ac.uk> writes:
> >I've lost one piece of information, though: How does Ruby know where its
> >.../ruby/site_ruby/ directory is?  I thought there was a config module, or
> >something, but can't find anything like it on Ruby Central and my copy of
> >the book is at home just now.
>
> Maybe, `rbconfig.rb' is what you want.

I think it is.

so something like:

ruby -r rbconfig -r ftools -e ' config = \
Config.CONFIG; File::install(optparse.rb config["sitedir"])'

should be about what I'm looking for.  Does that seem OK?  I've
not really fiddled with this sort of thing before, so before I botch
up all sites installing optargs....!! :-)

> ---
> Tosh
> Toshiro Kuwabara

	Hugh