Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:8565] optparse and rdtool"
    on 01/01/03, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs / dmu.ac.uk> writes:
>Rebuilding stuff for 1.6.2, I see that RubyUnit says it's a good idea to
>have rdtool installed.  That says I need to install racc, strscan and
>optparse.  optparse doesn't have an English Readme file as far as I can
>see, and I cannot figure out how to install it.  But then, README.rd for
>rdtool says:
>>
>> In this case, OptionParser is also needed.
>>
>> NOTE: I recommend to use Racc and strscan.
>>

>so I'm not sure if I really need optparse, or are racc and stscan
>sufficient?

This means you must install optparse, and though you can use rdtool
without racc and strscan, rdtool run slowly and buggily without
racc and strscan, therefore, you should install racc and strscan also.

Installation of optparse is very simple. Shortly, copy optparse.rb into
`ruby-path' directory, and it works.

For example, on some UNIX platform...

  $ tar xvzf optparse-0.7.6.tar.gz
  $ su
  # cp optparse-0.7.6/optparse.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/

that's all.

Hope this helps.

---
Tosh