"Gavin Sinclair" <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:1174425281.20031117234546 / soyabean.com.au...
> On Monday, November 17, 2003, 6:22:18 PM, gabriele wrote:
>
> > I just looked at matz' slides and I don't have a clear understanding
> > of ho9w this is suposed to work.
>
> > Possibly this has been explained verbosely, But I can't get it from
> > the slide.
>
> > So, this is the example:
>
> > class Foo
> >  def foo(*args)       #1
> >    p 'foo'
> >  end
> >  def foo:pre (*args ) #2
> >   p 'pre'
> >  end
> >  def foo:post (*args) #3
> >   p 'post'
> >  end
> >  def foo:wrap (*args) #4
> >   p 'wrap pre'
> >   super
> >   p 'wrap post'
> >  end
> > end

I find the "super" a bit strange here.  It looks like it was implied that
for all methods "foo" there is an implicit "foo:wrap" defined by the Ruby
runtime in a super class of the actual class.  I'd prefer another keyword,
such as "previous", "original" or so since the semantics differ.  Or did I
get the meaning of "super" in this context wrong?

Regards

    robert