Matt Welland wrote:
> I have written a simple application for the Agenda VR3 using ruby
> fltk. I'm pretty pleased with it for the most part but there are a
> couple things I'd like to fix:
>
> 1. The window comes up with a handle along the left side - how to
>    get rid of it?

This is probably the work of X, so I don't think you can.

In FlEdit.rb I set the window size to max (140,230), the MultilineInput
to max (140,230-menubarsize) and set the window resizable to the
MultilineInput to get it out of the way.

The "Right Way" would probably be to wrap the FLPDA stuff and use those
adapted widgets as a base to look Agenda-native. This has been way down
on my TODO list for two years now I think :(

> 2. The dropdown widget font can't be shrunk - any work-around?

Are you thinking of Fl_Menu_Item-objects? As of when I wrote FlEdit.rb,
I don't think they had bindings in Ruby-FLTK.

I'm not sure if it'll work, but you might want to try to set the
textsize and textfont on the containing Fl_Menu_* object before you add
your menuitems.

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    _____[ http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/ ]_____/~
  ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/     Master of Science in Technology     )