GOTOU Yuuzou [mailto:gotoyuzo / notwork.org] wrote:

> Handshake of SSL needs exchange of some messages, but
> SSLSocket#connect disables switch of thread because it is
> implemented with C.

Bummer. :(

I don't guess there's a non-blocking version of connect, eh?

> I don't understand whether it is safe to wrap SSL_connect
> with TRAP_BEG and TRAP_END. I think that it's better to do
> it experimentally after release of Ruby-1.8.1 than now.

Will this allow other threads to run? My problem is that I have a Webrick
server that needs to check if another site is up, and I don't want the whole
server blocking while it waits on the (possibly nonexistent) reply from the
site.

Thanks for looking in to this,

Nathaniel

<:((><