T. Onoma wrote:

>has anyone given any thought to having macros in ruby?

As for this question, people have talked about macros in the past.

As I recall, Matz is against adding macros to Ruby because they
essentially allow people to make their
own syntax, and he'd like all Ruby to be readable by anyone who knows Ruby.

I also recall an issue with really powerful macros being a lot more
complex in Algol style languages than
they are in Lisp style languages.

In other words, you're probably out of luck as far as macros go in Ruby,
unless there's some non-standard
extention I don't know about (quite possible).  You might look at
ruby-talk.org to see what's gone on in the
past with the macro discussions.

- Dan