Robert.Koepferl / de.gi-de.com wrote:
> Let me say good-bye to the list:  "Bye, I'll leave you in two days."
> Yes, I'm one of these machines, who can't leave without noise.
>
> It was a nice time here and with ruby and with my diploma and with all the
> virus mails (from which I read noone)
>
> Now It's time for me to go to the next "new" language.
> Can you give me a suggestion? I had a look on
>
> Haskel  -- as a pure functional language

Concurrent Clean, pure functional like Haskell, but without monads (they use
uniqueness instead). Very fast code. They also have a very nice proof-tool
Sparkle and an IDE.

> Self -- as a prototype OO-lang
> Ocaml -- as a popular oo+func-language
> D -- as a  ++C++

Cyclone: mixes C syntax, functional programming and different memory management
techniques (GC, regions, untraced).

> abc -- as the predecessor to Python and tuhs Ruby
> APL -- as a confuse^3 language which "noone but me understands"

There's an open source, more or less APL variant called A+ (www.aplusdev.org).
Otherwise, K is a very confusing language, too.

> ???  -- as your recomendation

Eiffel/Sather

Mozart/Oz: Multiparadigm language (OO, fun, constraint,
concurrent/distributed).  It's OO syntax is very close to Ruby, btw.

Regards,

  Michael