> I was thinking about doing some code for this, but I really don't
> think I'll
> have time for about two weeks. If I get time before then, I'll look at
> doing
> something to possibly contribute that fixes the problem from my
> perspective
> and provides a way to keep things "as they are" for those people who
> don't
> want to do it differently.

I'm thinking this shouldn't be a too hard issue to address, though.
Since CGI.rb knows when it's handling a multipart request, I reckon
that form field access could easily be presented transparently to be
the same as normally.

cgi['value'] would just do an implicit cgi['value'].read in case of a
multipart request. And perhaps we could also have code to ease the
exaction of files. Like cgi['value'].file? and
cgi['value'].save(file_name). Or something similar.

> BTW, I would also *love* to see the request, response, and HTML output
> portions of CGI separated, at least conceptually. The main thing that I
> think I'd love to see separated is the HTML output stuff. I don't
> think that
> it really belongs in CGI at all.

Hear, hear...
--