On Tuesday 04 November 2003 07:19, Dalibor Sramek wrote:
> Quoting "Michael C. Libby" <m_libby / andsoforth.com>:
> > Is Mysql.rb your own code? I couldn't find any file like that in the
> > RAA MySQL module. If so, can you show us what the code around line 472
> > of your Mysql.rb script is?
>
> There are now two versions of Ruby/MySQL interface in the RAA:
> - mysql-ruby which uses the native client library
> - ruby-mysql which is pure Ruby

I guess I missed that! Thanks for the information. :)

And looking at the mysql.rb from ruby-mysql, I wonder if maybe it is a
problem unique to Ruby 1.6.7? I can't crash the Mysql#scramble (which
starts at the referenced line 472) method on my system using Ruby from
CVS-- even by throwing huge binary files into the inputs (it didn't finish
in 30 minutes or so, but it didn't segfault either).

 -michael

 Michael C. Libby        m_libby / andsoforth.com

      see my photos and Ruby programs at:
             www.andsoforth.com