Hi, all,

Soap4r/1.5.1 is out.
RAA: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa-list.rhtml?name=soap4r
Release Note: http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/doc/soap4r/RELEASE_en.html

What is SOAP4R?
  http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/doc/soap4r/RELEASE_en.html#whats

# I read ruby-talk ML so I might missed some articles posted to
# comp.lang.ruby...  Send me directly if you have some trouble
# with soap4r.

Changes

Important news: Soap4r library is included in ruby distribution after
ruby/1.8.1.  You might not be need to install this package under
ruby/1.8.  The files this package includes and are not included in
ruby/1.8 distribution are an application program (bin/wsdl2ruby) and
some test codes.  Consider to get this package if,
* You need the WSDL to ruby (reads a WSDL file and generates stubs
  and Ruby class definitions) application, or
* You want to use soap4r under ruby/1.6.

Features;
* Sample updates; Update Amazon Web Service WSDL (v2 -> v3), and update
  RAA WSDL(0.0.1 -> 0.0.2).
* Supports ivars of basetype and extending modules marshalling with XML
  attribute. Using XML attribute to support ruby object dependent
  information, marshalled object keeps compatibility with SOAP spec.
  It shows the power of XML, extensibility.
  Now I think SOAP marshaller supports all kind of object graph which
  is supported by Ruby's original marshaller.
* Better XML pretty printing.

    puts SOAPMarshal.dump(Person.new("NaHi", 33))
    =>
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <env:Envelope xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
        xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      <env:Body>
        <Person xmlns:n1="http://www.ruby-lang.org/xmlns/ruby/type/custom"
            xsi:type="n1:Person"
            env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
          <age xsi:type="xsd:int">33</age>
          <name xsi:type="xsd:string">NaHi</name>
        </Person>
      </env:Body>
    </env:Envelope>

Installation;
* The previous version soap4r/1.5.0 required http-access2 to be
  installed to build CGI server, but no longer needed fot this
  purpose now.  You can use almost all features of soap4r without
  http-access2, but for actual usage, consider installing
  http-access2 for speed and thread-safe SOAP client.
* Under ruby/1.8, installer installs lib files to rubylibdir
  (e.g. /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8) instead of sitelibdir
  (e.g. /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8)

Bug fixes;
* Do not introduce XSD constants to toplevel.
* 'NO_PROXY'/'no_proxy' env var was not supported under net/http. Fixed.
* Remove some ruby/1.8 dependent codes. Should work fine under 1.6, too.
* XSD::XSDString did not check its value space under $KCODE = 'NONE'
  env for example where iconv module is not installed.
* XSD::XSDFloat, XSD::XSDDouble: add +/- sign explicitly when
  stringified and embedded into XML instance. Ruby's sprintf may
  format -0.0 as "0.0" (no minus sign) depending on underlying C
  sprintf implementation.

Thanks to all of soap4r users for their support.

Regards,
// NaHi