Hello,

I present you a summary of the ruby-dev mailing list.

[ruby-dev:21639] load() blocks thread scheduling
  Tietew posted the following scripts which didn't timeout and didn't
  accept Ctrl+C.

    -- main.rb --
    require 'timeout'
    timeout(60) { load 'block.rb' }

    --- block.rb
    loop { }

  He also posted a patch to change the thread. Matz wrote that
  it would cause unexpected troubles if we didn't block other
  thread while loading a script.

[ruby-dev:21641] SOAP::StreamError: Illegal media type
  SOAP4R's test suite failed since it required pre-installed SOAP4R
  library. Matz suggested that the test suite in ruby should use
  not pre-installed libraries but use archived new libraries from
  the archive.

[ruby-dev:21678] Problems of testing test/drb on Windows
  U. Nakamura showed two opinions about test/drb on Windows as follows.
  (a) test/drb/test_drbunix.rb failed if it was executed via
      test/runner.rb, since Windows didn't have Socket::UNIX*.
      He thought that such error had better occur when loading
      'drb/unix'.
  (b) The result of test/drb/test_acl.rb was 'E', since the
      ruby was compiled without AF_INET6 and IPAddr#ipv6?
      caused NameError. He proposed some solutions to avoid
      NameError.

[ruby-dev:21679] Proposal: string literal concatenation
  Mput proposed a specification which enables us to concatenate
  strings using a new line like the following script.

    s = "foo1" "bar1"
        "foo2" "bar2"

  Matz answered that he will discard string literal concatenation.

[ruby-dev:21682] ruby-tk hangs when exception is raised

  Akira Yamada received a bug report as a package maintainer of
  Debian. The following Ruby/TK script caused a problem that
  Ctrl+C was not available. This problem have not been solved yet.

    require 'tk'
    r = TkRoot.new
    b = TkButton.new(r) { text "break me" }
    b.command proc {