Berger, Daniel wrote:
> #
> # > > Synopsis
> # > > ========
> # > > require "win32/file"
> # > >
> # > > some_file = "C:\\Documents and
> # > Settings\\some_user\\fruitylicious.txt"
> # > >
> # > > Win32::File.attributes(some_file) # e.g.
> ['hidden','archive'] # > # > Why not use symbols instead?
> #
> # Dunno - didn't think it really mattered.  Does it?
> #
>
> Personally, I generally dislike the symbol-as-hash key
> style--even if there is some kind of performance gain to be
> had from it.  So, you've got my vote to keep it as it is. :)

Just throwing in a curve ball on this frivolous matter, but
I strongly prefer the symbol style over strings. In fact, it
always bucket me that the reflection methods like
Module#instance_methods or Object#instance_variables
return arrays of strings instead of symbols.

Ps. Thank you very much for all win32 extension -
they are really fantastic! Also what kind of nfts (5+)
features will your win32/file extension support?

/Christoph