From: Daniel Carrera [mailto:dcarrera / math.umd.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 12:35 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: getoption long question

> opts =3D GetoptLong.new(_
> =B7=B7=B7[ "--create-test", "-T", GetoptLong::NO_ARGUMENT ],
> )
>=20
> what if I don't actually want short options such as the -T? (running
out
> of suitable letters, or something)
>=20
> How would I use it then?

opts =3D GetoptLong.new(
        [ "--create-test", GetoptLong::NO_ARGUMENT ]
    )

The short options are optional.  GetoptLong is very flexible.  You can=20
have as many or as few short and long options as you like.

 $ cat test.rb=20
require 'getoptlong'

opts =3D GetoptLong.new(
        [ "--create-test", GetoptLong::NO_ARGUMENT ]
    )
 $ ruby test.rb=20
 $

Cheers,
--=20
Daniel Carrera    | OpenPGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
PhD grad student. |=20
Mathematics Dept. | "To understand recursion, you must first
UMD, College Park | understand recursion".