Daniel Carrera wrote:

>I just read a neat article at IBM DeveloperWorks:
>
>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-appmozx/?ca=dgr-lnxw02MozillaXMLApplets
>
>It's about writing GUIs with Mozilla's XUL.  I must say I'm very
>impressed.  XUL looks like a great idea.

I've also looked at XUL and think its promising (especially since I
found that both Firebird and Thunderbird's GUI's are done in XUL). My
idea on making it kind-of-work with Ruby would be to simply serve XUL
xml etc from a Ruby app. Could it work as long as you stay with the
default components? I understand that to make new components/widgets
you'd need to use rbxpcom or revert to javascript for the wdiget code.

I guess instead of writing it in XML we could do a YAML layer and output
the XUL XML from the objects created by the YAML loader.

Regards,

Robert