Hi all,
I'm pretty new to Ruby, and I came across the Ruby bindings
(http://pablotron.org/software/mb-ruby/)  to the musicbrainz project
(musicbrainz.org).

I'd like to use Ruby to generate acoustic fingerprints when fed an MP3
file.  Reading over the API, I see this method that looks like it will
do what I want:

/*
  * Pass raw PCM data to generate a signature.
  *
  * Note: MusicBrainz::TRM#pcm_data must be called before this
function.
  *
  * Returns true if enough data has been sent to generate a signature,
  * and false if more data is needed.
  *
  * Example:
  *   trm.generate_signature buf, BUFSIZ
  *
  */
static VALUE mb_trm_gen_sig(VALUE self, VALUE buf) {

However, I'm not sure how I'd go about passing raw PCM data to Ruby.
Any suggestions?  I posted this on comp.lang.ruby too (although it
hasn't shown up yet), I hope no one's offended about the double post if
you frequent both places.

Thanks alot!