I think that my Ruby is broken.  I did compile it from source, but I'm
missing the zlib module.

$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.0 (2002-12-24) [sparc-solaris2.8]
$
$ ruby -e " require 'zlib' "
-e:1:in `require': No such file to load -- zlib (LoadError)
$
$ ls -R lib/ruby/ | grep zlib
$

I've tried compiling the ruby-zlib module from RAA but without success
(see my earlier post).

Can anyone see anything I'm doing wrong?  I don't recall any particular
errors when I compiled ruby 1.8.0.

If I can't find anything I'll try compiling ruby again.

Cheers,
Daniel.

--
Daniel Carrera    | OpenPGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
PhD grad student. |