I am having a problem using Win32OLE events with 1.8.0. I have tried it
with the latest version (0.5.5).  It works in 1.6.8 however. I have
tracked the problem down to code which calls

p = ALLOC_N(char, size)

and later calls

free(p)

And there it segment faults.

I am not an extension writer, so I don't know if this
is kosher in 1.6.8 and not in 1.8.0 or not.

If you want to know exactly where it breaks, then it is in find_iid near
the bottom of the function where it does free(pstr).

The ruby code that breaks it is as follows:

require "win32ole"

printer = WIN32OLE.new("BIPRNDRV.BiPrnDrvCtrl.1")
ev = WIN32OLE_EVENT.new(printer, "_DBiPrnDrvEvents")

Thanks for any help,

Steve Tuckner