On Sunday 26 Oct 2003 1:46 pm, SugHimsi==SUGIHARA Hiroshi wrote:
> Is this? (14x14 bitmap mimic.)
>
>       ;
> ,,,,,,;,,,,,,
>       ;     ;
>      ,'     ;
>     ,'      ;
>    ,'      ,'
> ,,'      ,,'

Yes - thats it.

> This reads 'Chikara', for example.
>
> In my knowledge there isn't.  But it has a faux-ami ;-) 'Ka' in
> "katakana" (one of Japanese *phonetic* syllabaries).  See:

Yes I see - it looks identical to me!

> Some kanji compounds (Jukugo) related to 'Chikara' would be
> your right clue.  What kind of force/power/ability do you want
> with this distro?

Well I was just looking for an aesthetic graphic to use as a larger backround
graphic over which I could superimpose 'rubyx' in smaller English. To
japanese readers, it would suggest that rubyx was a powerful operating
system. To the rest of us, it would merely be pretty ;)

Do you see what I'm getting at? Does it work? or would a japanese reader just
think "Ka? what the hell is that all about?"

Perhaps you could suggest suitable alternatives? Much as I'd love to learn
japanese, I have to consider it overkill as a solution for the current
problem domain ;)

Regards

Andrew Walrond