Hi,

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:42:02 +0900, Andrew Walrond wrote:

: I've been thinking about a logo for Rubyx, my ruby based
: linux distro.
:
: In some small recognition of ruby's origins, I thought
: I might use a kanji symbol.  With that in mind, I discovered
: the kanji symbol for force/power/ability.  See here
: http://www.ajisai.sakura.ne.jp/~saku/yuki/kanji/index.htm

Is this? (14x14 bitmap mimic.)

      ;
,,,,,,;,,,,,,
      ;     ;
     ,'     ;
    ,'      ;
   ,'      ,'
,,'      ,,'

This reads 'Chikara', for example.

: Any comments appreciated, especially from japanese speakers
: incase this would be some massive faux-pas...

In my knowledge there isn't.  But it has a faux-ami ;-) 'Ka' in
"katakana" (one of Japanese *phonetic* syllabaries).  See:

	http://www2.tokai.or.jp/yuki/katakana.htm

Some kanji compounds (Jukugo) related to 'Chikara' would be
your right clue.  What kind of force/power/ability do you want
with this distro?

Regards,
--
SugHimsi == SUGIHARA Hiroshi
 'Le style est l'homme m\^{e}me.' (Buffon, 1753)