Andrew Walrond wrote:
> On Thursday 23 Oct 2003 9:49 pm, Ben Giddings wrote:
> Yes. Grub is included. Lilo would take minutes to add
> Kde works fine; Gnome used to work, but needs some attention atm
> I just use Konqueror; Have had mozilla working but needs bringing upto date.
> Shell is bash. Xemacs and Vim included. I can add any other editor you care to
> mention in a few minutes - thats the beauty of rubyx.

So what is "Rubyx" so far?  What code exists there that makes it distinct
from RedHat, Gentoo or Lunar Linux?  What are your goals with the project?

>>Could someone who knows both give a bullet-point summary of the differences
>>between Rubyx and Lunar Linux?
>
> I doubt it, since I'm the only person using rubyx, and I haven't tried lunar
> yet ;)

Hmm, from looking at the Lunar web site and looking at what you've
described, they sound remarkably similar.  Both are geared towards
compiling from source.  It sounds like they might have more infrastructure
in place, but you probably have a more capable build environment.

I'd like to work on a Ruby-based Linux distribution, particularly on either
the package management part or the init script part, but I think it would
be a shame if there are two Ruby-based Linux distributions which aren't
working together.

Ben