Andrew Walrond wrote:
> I have almost completed x86-64 support in rubyx (64bit native). The Rubyx
> script does all the cross compiling for you automatically. But it was
> certainly a pain getting it all to work...

Cool stuff, I'd like to check it out.

> Yes, its like gentoo, but far more customizable. You can say Build me a new
> distro please; I'll have linux-2.6-test7, and use gcc 3.3.2 with libc-HEAD
> using the NPTL. Compile everything for the pentium4, using these flags....
> Or you can just go with the defaults, which are also good, and safer ;)

Cool, now when you say "build me a new distro", that will typically include
a bootloader, a window manager (Gnome or KDE), a default shell, a web
browser, an editor, and a bunch of other things.  Do you get to choose
them?  What are the defaults and what others are supported?

Also, if you're cross compiling the distro, what format are the outputs in?
   (straight binaries, tarballs, another binary package, ...) Also, how
easy is it to make a live CD, or an install CD?

Could someone who knows both give a bullet-point summary of the differences
between Rubyx and Lunar Linux?

Ben