On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Ruben Vandeginste wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:34:32 +0900, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng
> > <sigh>.  People went to a lot of trouble to make SVG accessible to
> > screen readers, braille displays and the like. You are proposing the
> > opposite.
>
> agreed. but i thought that it wouldn't be that much of a problem if
> the screen readers can't access the poster's email address. i also

Not much of a problem for whom?

> think that it's not possible to make the email address accessible to
> screen readers, but not to email harvesters through obfuscation.

"aGdzQGRtdS5hYy51aw==".unpack("m*")

Then theres .reverse, .tr, .swapcase,....

A screen reader can tell you there is ruby code there, even if you
have to push it into irb yourself to get the answer. This leaves the
user in the same position as sighted people. That seems fair to my
way of thinking.

        Hugh