Hello,

I've found ruby-mysql (http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=ruby-mysql), its 100% ruby so I think it will be easier to use it from windows (you do not have to compile anything). I have only tried it in linux and works fine. It should be easy to make it work with ruby-dbi as seems to have the same API as mysql-ruby (the one you have to compile).