Ryan Dlugosz said:
 >My $.02 = Attempting to hide all the emails does more harm than good...
 >it really only makes it harder for people to contact you who have a
 >genuine reason to do so (i.e. - with a Ruby question).

I agree that email mangling causes as many problems as it solves,
however there's another possibility. I don't recall the name of the
approach, but I've seen systems where you're presented with a graphic
containing a word (and a mangled background to foil OCR) and you must
type it into a form in order to get access to a web system. The idea is
to ensure that it is a real person viewing the web archive rather than a
spammer's harvesting bot.

Would something like that be an acceptable compromise? Who's in charge
of the web archive?

-Greg Vaughn